Infant Safety Information
Safe Bedding Practices for Infants:
- Place baby on his/her back on a firm tight-fitting mattress in a crib that meets current safety standards.
- Remove pillows, quilts, comforters, sheepskins, stuffed toys, and other soft products from the crib.
- Consider using a sleeper or other sleep clothing as an alternative to blankets, with no other covering.
- If using a blanket, put baby with feet at the foot of the crib. Tuck a thin blanket around the crib mattress, reaching only as far as the baby's chest.
- Make sure your baby's head remains uncovered during sleep.
- Do not place baby on a waterbed, sofa, soft mattress, pillow, or other soft surface to sleep.
*My Retro Baby has received permission from the Consumer Product Safety Commission to reprint the following sleep safety guidelines. For further information, please visit their website at http://www.cpsc.gov/ or call their toll-free hotline at 1-800-638-2772.